Monday, December 29, 2008

PLEASE smile for mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Saturday we took the babies back to Portrait Innovations for 6 month pictures. This is the same place we got their first professional pictures at 3 months and we got so many good poses that we ended up with TONS of pictures, and every shot on our very own CD! Boy, was this time different! All I wanted was one good pose with both of them (no individual pictures this time). Of course (in what definitely seemed like a team effort to irritate me) they were all smiles right before and right after we had them posing for the camera, but at the moment when the camera was in their faces.. nothing! Nate was just sitting there staring, which is fine, but Lilly got tired and VERY fussy, so the photographer guy was making all these crazy loud noises trying to get Lilly to snap out of it. Consequently, Lilly would refocus for a few seconds right about the same time Nate would decide he was scared of the photographer and start crying! So the guy tells us "You know, if you're not happy with these you can always come back and re-do the sitting". I let him know in a not-so-subtle way that this was the one and only beating we would be enduring for these photos! ha!! It is tough to time it just right; to have them both fed, diapered, dressed up and thoroughly rested in time to smile for pictures, not to mention trying to position them (when they can't quite sit up by themselves) and get them to stay long enough to get that money shot!
In the end, it was all worth it! We ended up with one that I don't think shows how adorable they REALLY are, but for a $10.99 package of photos, they will do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! Your babies are so adorable. Taking pictures is hard work!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Definitely worth the trouble! I love their picture! Can't beat it either for $10.99! :)

Honeyman 4 said...

Too funny! I bet you were dancing all around behind them!! Mine being 11 months apart...I sorta know the pain (when I try to get a shot together)...but not quite. Congrats, YOU got a good shot!