Monday, December 29, 2008

To each, his own.. crib.

I almost forgot to report a very important development in the Pierson household- both babies sleeping in their own cribs-in the SAME ROOM! Nate has been doing great in his crib in the nursery. He is always sleepy after his night time bottle, so a few minutes after he eats we just lay him in bed and he falls asleep pretty shortly. Lilly has also been doing pretty good, but in the pack 'n' play right beside me in our bedroom. We did this for a couple of reasons. 1-she had scary acid reflux spit up and sometimes during the night, so I wanted to keep a close watch on her. 2-We had not gotten the crib that matched the one we have from my sister yet, so we only had the one crib. 3 (and this is the main reason they were not in the same room)- they wake each other up!
We got the crib when we were in Waco for Christmas and decided to try it out Friday night. We put Nate in the crib as usual, and I rocked Lilly while Nate was falling asleep. Shortly after, Lilly was zonked out so I put her in the crib about 8:45pm...and... HALLELUJAH! We didn't hear a peep out of them until 5:30 the next morning! They did good Saturday night too, and they would have done good last night except for some diaper leakage issues.
As excited as I was, I do have to confess that I layed in bed the first night Lilly was in her crib and cried for a few minutes. I missed my baby girl who had been sleeping so close to me for the last six months. I missed hearing her gurgles and sighs, but I know it is the best thing for her and for us!! I am confident that we are going to be able to make it work- YAY!!! This is HUGE.

Sometimes Lilly still likes to hang out with Nate in his crib!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I know this new success will make your lives a ton easier... It just might take some time for Mommy to get used to it. :) Way to go Nate & Lilly!

Allie said...

Yeah for Nate & Lilly! Mommy & Daddy will sleep so much better now :)