Thursday, December 4, 2008

GOOD BYE Twenties!

Hello Thirties!

What did my twenties teach me? Hmm..Just a few cliches that ring true to me..

Not everything happens on our time table, but it always happens exactly when it should.
Holding on to anger doesn't hurt anyone but you.
You should never depend on any one person to make you happy and fulfill all your needs.
If you can't have everything you want, learn to want everything you have.
Sleep deprivation will make you crazy, but probably won't kill you.
You can't always please everyone, so don't waste your time trying.
Try not to second guess yourself.
Trust your gut feeling.
Diets are for losers- life is too short.

This one is more about me than the babies, but on this, the last day of my twenties, the last day I will be able to say, "I'm twenty-whatever", I felt the need to jot down a few thoughts. Am I sad about turning thirty? Not really. I am ready to reap the benefits of lessons I have learned (some the hard way) in my twenties. The last ten years have been marked with the best moments of my life. Among them are the night I met Brian, our wedding day, my college graduation, the birth of my precious nieces and nephews, trip to NYC with mom, and last but not least, my pregnancy and the birth of our miracles last summer.

This past Sunday, November 30, my former boss's 21 year old son was killed in a car wreck. The news has been so devastating for him and his wife and it is all I have been able to think of since it happened. He was their only child, their blessing, adopted when they were in their forties. I just can't figure out why he would be taken from them at such a young age, but I also can't help but be so grateful that I am lucky enough to be turning 30.

I'm not sad to be getting older, even though when I look in the mirror and see the wrinkles and grays it is kind of a shock sometimes. But I guess every wrinkle earns its right to be there, and the babies have definitely had a lot to do with my grey hairs, so I will try not to complain! I can't wait to see what my thirties have in store!!

No comments: