Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Look out, 2009! The resolving has begun.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! Well there is no doubt about it, 2008 has been the best year of my life. It will be difficult to top, but I know 2009 will bring us many more blessings of joy. Here are some New Year's resolutions I have been thinking about- I may come back and add more later! Some are simple, and some a little more time consuming (which will be hard since I don't have much of that lately! But hey- sleep is overrated, right?). I am going to print the list out and put them up at work and at home. I will have a "follow-up" in three months to check my progress- like a job evaluation!

1. Have quiet time with God/read Bible every day . I need to come up with a plan for this. I may need to do it at work on my lunch break until the babies start sleeping a little later in the morning. Ideally, I like having quiet time in the morning to get my day started off right. I want to get a devotional and memorize different Bible versus every week.

2. Try new recipes. My menu pretty much consists of scrambled eggs, mac and cheese, baked chicken, spaghetti and grilled cheese sandwiches. I want to be able to cook good meals for my family. ANY GOOD (fairly simple) RECIPES SUGGESTIONS?

3. Lose remaining pregnancy weight. This is not about physical appearance, I just want to feel like me again and be healthy and able to fit into my clothes. Not sure how I will do it yet, but my best bet will probably be laying off the cheeseburgers and mixing in a few sit ups here and there.

4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

5. Get back to reading with my book club. Both the reading and the company of my friends brought so much to my life and I would love to be able to try and read a little at night after the babies are asleep and try to start going to the "meetings" again. Miss you, girls!!!

6. Get organized/simplify/clean out and throw or give away. This is a necessity for us right now. We do not have room for ANYTHING anymore and it drives me nuts to have clutter. If we do not use it, it is going!

7. No turning the TV on as soon as I plop down on the couch and having it on just for background noise. This is a habit for me that I want and need to break. We have enough noise in the house these days. I will only watch the few shows I really love to watch.

8. Find a good church for our family.. and GO!

9. Be helpful and thoughtful. I may not be able to save the world, but I can look for ways to help people every day. Opportunities are all over the place if we just look for them.

10. Keep my car and my house clean- pick up after myself as I go, don't let clutter build up. Do a little every day, so I don't have mountains of crud on the weekend.

11. No more potty mouth- including when I am driving in my car and a texting teenager cuts me off and slams on her breaks, and when I stump my toe so hard that I think I broke it. This one will be a challenge, I'm not proud to say, but I am up for it.

12. Find cool, fun, local, inexpensive things to do as a family. I want to get out with the kids more and do fun stuff, as they get a little older and kinda know what's going on.

Let me know what your resolutions are!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

When I read your post, I felt like you read my mind! I would have to agree that most of my own resolutions would be almost the same as yours. My number 1 is to find a church that we like and join & GO! There is nothing more that I want for Logan than to grown up knowing the Lord and having a church family. I wish we lived closer, we could lose our baby weight together! I have been lazy about it and miss my old clothes, too. And it's so easy to just plop down and watch TV after a long day. Your resolutions inspired me, thanks for making the post. I'm so glad to have you as my friend!

Allie said...

Great list! I wish you the best of luck! I'll def email you some yummy, easy recipes.

Wammack Family said...

We got to Pantego Bible Church off of 30/Eastchase and we absolutely love it! The music is fantastic and the messages always hit home. Any interest in meeting us there one Sunday??? You know you want to!! Plus I'll finally get to meet the twins! Let me know what you think. :-)