'Tis the season to be jolly, and our first Christmas with the babies was just that! They are so little, they of course have no clue what is going on, but nonetheless it was fun for us to pretend they did ("Ohhh! Look what Santa brought you!!"). Nate was more interested in pulling the tissue paper out of the bags and trying to eat it. Brian made fun of me for setting the gifts up by the tree and taking pictures, but I thought- what if they ask me what Santa brought them for their first Christmas? I need a picture! I put the jumperoo in the picture even though "Santa" (A.k.a. Amazon.com) dropped it off a month ago- it was still a Christmas present!! Those things are expensive! I made them each a fleece blanket (mommy can't knit, sew, or crochet but she can sure as heck cut strips and tie a million knots together). They also each got a Christmas ornament, on which I put their name and the year. I think I will make this a tradition (thank you for the neat idea Allie!!).After we fed, dressed, and forced the babies to sit by the tree and act like they knew it was Christmas for pictures, we loaded up half the house and headed down to Waco to hang out at Aunt Achie and Uncle Gary's with Gram and cousins Avery and Lane. The drive was about an hour and a half and the babies did great..on the way there. The ride back was a different story. Lilly got cranky and I ended up in the backseat holding her paci in place for the last 45 minutes!! It was worth it to not have to hear that piercing scream of hers! Anyway, back to Christmas.. we had a great time and Alison and Gary prepared a DELICIOUS Christmas dinner and a very yummy "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake. The babies got some great presents and we had a good time talking and being together.
We missed Aunt Hilary, Uncle Mark and cousins, and Grandpa Dick and Grandma Diane, and ALL aunts, uncles, and cousins in Colorado, but we will see them all soon and have MORE Christmas- YAY!









1 comment:
What fun memories! Those babies get cuter every day :)
Post a Comment