Friday, December 19, 2008

6 Month Check-Up!

Nate and Lilly had their 6 month check up yesterday and everything was great! Lilly weighed in at a whopping 17.15 pounds and Nate was lagging behind at 16.8 pounds. They were both 26 or 27 inches long (I can't quite remember). The doctor was very pleased with their growth, although when he walked into the room, both babies were stripped down to diapers and he thought that Lilly was a boy and Nate was a girl!
Anyway, they took their shots like champs, and thankfully we don't have to look forward to any more of those for a while. In developmental news, both babies passed their "physical" tests, although Lilly is STILL not rolling over. I really think she could if she wanted to, but she just doesn't care! She is perfectly happy lying on her back, or sitting up supported. She doesn't like her "tummy time" even though she is great at holding her head up for long periods of time. The doc said not to worry about it so I won't! Nate, on the other hand, will not stay in one spot for longer than ten seconds. No more leaving him on the couch or changing table for a second to go check on Lilly or grab something out of the drawer for him to wear. Nope, he wants to move! He is our little roley-poley!
They are both doing really good with food- eating fruits or veggies twice a day now! Nate makes it virtually impossible for me to feed them at the same time, since he has no patience to let Lilly take her turn. The second I turn to her to give her a bite, Nate is screaming bloody murder. It's kind of funny how fast he freaks out. The doc told us that we could start trying regular formula for Nate instead of the expensive stuff (to see if he is still allergic) and we can hopefully take Lilly off her acid-reflux medication soon. Both things that will save us money- yippee!! I am going to partaaay when we don't have to deal with formula anymore- only 6 more months!!
Pictures from the last month..
Already having fun together!


Uh-Oh..This does not turn out well!Hey mom, come look!


Nate loves to eat the butterfly on his jumperoo!


Have you seen cuter chubby cheeks in your life?
Big boys and girls in their high chairs..

Getting ready for Christmas pictures!
Sticking her tongue out is Lilly's new favorite thing!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Your babies are adorable and really getting big! I love all the pictures, especially the ones of them playing in their jumpers. I hope you guys have a great first Christmas with your little miracles! By the way, I LOVE your Christmas card. They turned out perfect!