Sunday, January 9, 2011

What can you get done in a week..

When you're at home on vacation form work with two two and half year olds? Not much! I took the week off between Christmas and NYE and had grand plans to do things around the house, get organized, run errands, yada yada.. but I will admit I didn't accomplish much.

I don't regret it though, and I tried not to feel like a loser about it. I did manage to meet up with a few of teacher my friends were also off, which was GREAT.   I truly enjoyed playing with my kids, staying in our pajamas 'til noon, and running errands with them just to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air. And might I brag just a little, that right now, in this point in time, they are AWESOME out in public. We went to Target and Hobby Lobby one day, and another day we met up with some girlfriends and their kids for a play date at McDonald's just to let them get some energy out and it went really well! Three different people at Hobby Lobby commented on how good they were (YAY!!). They just love to observe and look at everything around them and it makes them forget about fussing for a few minutes! Not that I could focus on get any real shopping done, but still.. a good time was had by all. One of my days off, my sister and her kids were in town and came by for a while and Nate and Lilly had a lot of fun playing with cousins while my sister and I chatted. All in all- an AWESOME week of vacation.  It went by too fast!

So let's document the week in pictures, shall we? That is usually the best way for me to do things here..

We did A LOT of coloring!  Lilly always wants me to join her- "Mommy, sit down, color!!"


Hours were spent looking through our wedding and honeymoon photo albums.. "Mommy!  Daddy!! Mommy!  Daddy!!"
Fun with cousins, playing beauty shop with Dolly..
 Mommy taking too many pictures?
I couldn't resist taking pictures of Nate in his big boy underwear (while we were attempting some potty training).  Don't ask me why he had to have shoes on even though he doesn't have pants on.. Weirdo!
Sweet little HINEY!!

Play date at good ol' McDonald's!  Nate and Logan had a blast while Lilly stayed very close to me..





No comments: