Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Like a swan..

I have wondered several times in the past year or so, if and when I should get Lilly into some kind of dance class.  I finally decided that right now she is just WAY too shy and I refuse to spend money to drag her kicking and screaming into a room so she can stand and watch the other kids learn to dance while checking every five seconds to make sure I am still within eye shot. 

Soooo.. when she met a real life ballerina at my mom's house (some family from Amarillo was staying with my mom because their daughter was trying out in Dallas for different summer ballet schools), she didn't know what to think.  Paris (the ballerina) gracefully showed Lilly and Nate some of her basic moves.  Lilly watched, giggling a little, but it wasn't until we got home that she broke out this one..

BAM
 
Don't you love her dress sandals with socks?  She's got her own classy sense of style.  She's not afraid to be BOLD.

She proceeded to tell me no less than a thousand times that night, that she wanted to go to "ballerina school", so I guess the moral of this story is - my little girl MIGHT be coming out of her shell a little.. and ballet class is in our very near future!

No comments: