Thanks to some cold, rainy days (and Pinterest), we have been doing quite a bit of crafts lately! Nate and Lilly both love anything with paint, markers, colors, scissors, glue, stickers, etc. I am not crafty whatsoever, so I only attempt projects that have three steps or less and I REALLY love it if I already have everything I need around the house! This one was a perfect fit! Take a toilet paper roll, fold it into a heart shape and put tape across the top to hold the shape in place, then dip into red paint and stamp hearts onto paper!
Couldn't we have guessed that Nate's would be strategically placed in nice little rows? He really took time placing them exactly where he wanted them..He always wants my help, and looks at me to make sure he is doing it "right"..
Not Miss Lilly, nope! And God forbid I try to help her.. She was having NONE of that! Her way or the highway!! She just wanted to stamp away and have fun with the paint!!
And speaking of paint, Lilly had loved these paintable ice cream cone magnets that she got from Aunt Pam for Christmas. She so carefully dipped her paint brush into the different colors and she even washed the brush off in between colors! She really got into painting with the brush, so I'll definitely have to get her more projects to paint!!
Nate had this finger paint that was just a big gloopy mess! You dip your fingers in the different "paint" and it's this invisible gel that only turns color on the special crayola paint paper. He liked it, but seemed pretty confused.. I Don't think we'll try this one again for a while..
I know it's cheesy, but used to sit and work and wonder if it would be as fun as I thought, to be able to sit around the house and do crafts with the kids on a cold, rainy afternoon..
The answer is TOTALLY.
No comments:
Post a Comment