We sure did have it good for a while (getting a full night of sleep, I mean).. Lately I have felt like we were back in the infant stage of getting no sleep! I shouldn't say that because Nate has still been doing pretty good but Lilly does not want to stay in her bed! The last few nights have been a bit better, but there were a few nights there where she would bust out of her door screaming and crying and I had to just keep turning around and putting her back in her bed (yes, I had visions of Supper Nanny cheering me on in my head!!). Last night she only woke up once (she wanted me to change her diaper.. ) so that's not bad. She has also been waking up SUPER early and running to our bedroom (kinda creepy when you're not used to that, seeing your two year old just standing at the foot of your bed)! Nate is ok, but lately when I check on them before I go to bed, he has several books and toys in bed with him that were not there when I put him in there. Which leads me to believe he isn't going to sleep when we put him in bed! But he doesn't fuss or come out of the room, so I really think he probably reads books for a few minutes and then falls asleep. We decided to push their bed times back a bit to 8 or 8:15, so we'll see if that helps.
I MISS MY CRIBS!! I told my mom I wanted to invent twin beds with some kind of jail all the way around them, like all the way up to a ceiling (hmm.. that sounds kinda like a cage, doesn't it?). LOL..Oh well.. I just miss them being all trapped and safe and cozy and SLEEPING! Now they can just get up and run out whenever they want!
I took these a few months ago, their very last night in the cribs..
Nate had his arms out to give me a big hug
Lilly always laid right down like this., Then she would look up and give me a kiss through the bars (Nate did that too).. I miss that!!
Here's to getting good sleep again.. SOME DAY.
1 comment:
I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://piersontwins.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Emily
epatterson@Primroseschools.com
Post a Comment