A few nights ago, Nate was in my lap and somehow, while he was flailing his arms around playing, he hit my pretty hard in the eye. I didn't really react, except to kind of cringe and grab my eye for a minute. I don't even really think I said "ouch". There was a lot going on, it was noisy, and I just figured since there was no bleeding or bruising, I should just move on. A few seconds later I noticed Nate was staring at me, just looking at where I had been holding my eye, and watching me for any further reaction. And all of a sudden he said.. "Sorry, Mommy".. plain as day, clear as a whistle, sweet and sincere as he could be. Brian and I always say "Say you're sorry" when they accidentally (or purposefully!) knock each other over or something, but Nate has never said it like that, on his own and associated with something he thought he did that hurt me.SO SWEET.. MELTED MY HEART and I wanted to remember it.. :)
3 comments:
sniffle sniffle - so sweet! Boys are so sweet!
sniffle sniffle - so sweet! Boys are so sweet!
They sure are sweet! He loves his mommy!
Post a Comment