Monday, April 27, 2009

Who are these big kids?

.. and what did they do with my babies?!?
Saturday night we went out to eat as a family for the first time since the babies were two months old (that time they just slept). This time it was so. much. fun! I was shocked at how good they were, just patiently sitting in their high chairs looking around at everything and everyone. We fed them sweet potatoes while we waited for our fajitas, and when they were done, they watched us eat while they munched on some puffs (yes, I wiped down the table and high chairs!!). They also tried some little pieces of tortillas, refried beans, and rice. The rice was a hit with Nate but Lilly wasn't sure. As we were leaving, Nate spilled Brian's drink all over his jeans, but other that that- no drama whatsoever! It was awesome, just to know that we can get out as a family in a public restaurant and survive. I know, I know.. it won't be this nice every time! Of course, I just happened to have my camera with me so I snapped a few.

We went to a Mexican place we love called El Arroyo.. Best Fajitas I've ever had. I know it looks like we are the only people there, but there were lots of people- just not right next to us. Hmm..

I would have gotten better pictures, but I was trying not to embarrass Brian too much!
And one more thing.. this was our last outing in the infant car seats. OF COURSE, since I knew the next day we would be putting in big kid car seats, I commemorated the occasion with more picture taking.

Now, just for comparison.. here is the night we brought them home from the hospital

Sorry they were asleep and still in the car- you can't see faces!
Sweet baby Nate
Sweet Lilly Kate
They were about 5 days old here-first doctor appointment.

6 comments:

Honeyman 4 said...

Wow! Fun to see how they have grown.

Lindsay said...

YAY! I'm so glad your family outing went great! Isn't that the best when they cooperate with your plans! :) At least now you know you can do it more often and they'll be just fine. I miss El Arroyo.....

And so long baby car seats! At least we planned it perfectly so our kids will get to face forward (towards the A/C) just in time for the blazing hot summer! :)

Heather said...

I'm so impressed you all went out and how well it went. By baby carseats!

Naomi said...

AH! They grow so fast! The pictures of when you first brought them home...and the pictures from the weekend - WOW. It is crazy!! And YEAH for a family outing :) We don't get to have those too much...since Cooper no longer sleeps through it! They're so cute!

SouthernDogwoods said...

I love taking our girls out to dinner - they are so funny when we tell them that we are going out.
And what sweet pictures of your sweet babies in their carseats! They grow up just too fast!

Adriane said...

I found your blog through another and wanted to say hi. Your twins are so cute!!! I think ours are just a couple of weeks apart. Congrats on a successful family outing!!