Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Still here- Same ol' , Same ol'!

We're still here! Just the same stuff going on around our house. The babies' sleeping patterns have been a little messed up and they have been a little fussier and more high maintenance than usual. I think new teeth may be the culprit for the moodiness in both of them. Nate already has the bottom two, but Lilly is still all gums! So I know she will be getting some and Nate will be adding to his collection any day!

The weather has been BLAH so we hung around the house a lot last weekend and we haven't done a whole lot on the weeknights either. Brian and I both got a jog in around the neighborhood Monday night after we put the babies to bed, so that felt great (of course we took turns- not at the same time!). I LOVE LOVE LOVE the longer days!

Nate and Lilly are having a lot of fun sitting up in their cribs and gabbing at each other from across the room. It' so neat to watch. Nate is crawling all over the place. but Lilly just isn't getting it yet. She just HATES being on her tummy, so naturally she is not thrilled about learning to crawl. She is so content on the floor with her toys and entertains herself, but Nate is always on the lookout for me or Brian. If he sees us, he is headed for us and wants to be picked up, or to crawl up in our laps. I love that he wants to cuddle, but I want him to learn to be happy and play with Lilly too!

Some cute pictures from the past week-

Talking to each other and playing very nicely together this morning in Lilly's crib.

Lilly loves her stuffed animals now!! She hugs and cuddles with them.
Notice Lilly loving on her dog and Nate waiting for a chance to crawl back in my lap.

Here he comes!

Get this monkey off my back (or head?)!


Okay, that's enough! I think they were talking about what they were going to get me for Mother's Day.



2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Maybe Lilly is just going to skip the whole crawling thing. She's probably already decided that since she hates to be on her tummy, she's holding out for walking! I bet she was telling Nate that during their "crib chat" time.....

I love the monkey pics!

Naomi said...

I cannot say this enough - they are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!