What's going on NOW?
Nate is a mover and a shaker. He follows me around the house now, still doing a lot of the army crawling but today I noticed he is mixing in some big boy crawling too! Lilly just keeps us guessing. We always think she's right there about to go and then.. nothing! They can both go from their belly to sitting up and they both pull up to standing by themselves in the crib. Nate and Lilly are so happy in the mornings. It definitely helps to cheer me up when I am not feeling very awake myself. They love books! Not only being read to, but when I have books on the floor they immediately want to grab them, open them and look at all the colorful pages. Sometimes this keeps them occupied for a long time! Nate is learning what "no" means, and the reason I know that is because he makes a little noise back at me whenever I say it. It's just a little grunt, but I know it is just the beginning of his protesting! On the other hand he also knows what "give me sugars" means and he opens wide for a big wet smooch! So sweet- melts my heart every time. They both love to shriek, when they are bored, excited, any time! When they shriek back and forth at each other is the best! They do this from their cribs a lot. They both have major "stranger danger" anxiety. We had quite an experience at my friend's little boy's birthday party when I took them by myself last weekend (I'm honestly so glad we went though-post and pictures for that coming next)! They are starting to take toys from each other. Sometimes it gets them upset, but usually they just go with the flow and move on to the next toy. Lilly still loves to take the pacifier away from Nate, but the other night she was in a generous mood and decided to give it back to him by putting it back in his mouth. It was so sweet! They love music- anything that sings a song, plays an instrumental tune, and lights up is IN around this house! Those toys are keeping them the most entertained and happy these days. More and more they want to be down playing instead of being held. It is a little sad for me, but it makes those middle of the nights rocking sessions more special for me. Those nights are very rare anymore and that's a good thing, but I love holding and rocking them when they are so sweet and sleepy and clingy to me!
One more note- one year ago (May 21) was the day I was put on bed rest at 31 weeks. I'll never forget that day! I went to my normal weekly appointment and Nate had flipped over and was head down. I know exactly when he did it. It was in the middle of the night and it was such a huge movement it actually woke me up and made me laugh out loud! I knew he had flipped over! And his head was far down- ready to come out! They gave me the steroid shot to help speed up the babies' lung development and I went on strict bed rest. I remember asking the doctor "I can't even go back to work and get my stuff?" and she told me I was not to go anywhere except to the bathroom and to shower! That was a scary and exciting and BORING time! Thank God these babies were able to bake another month. I made it to 35 weeks and the rest is history! What I wouldn't give for a few days of bed rest these days!! :)
Some more fun pictures from the last month:
























1 comment:
Such sweet smiles! Teeth or no teeth! :)
Post a Comment