Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Standing!

Why haven't I posted this yet? I thought I had (I have several posts to catch up on)! Anyway, last Thursday night we had the babies in their cribs getting them ready for bottle and bed time. I sat Lilly down in the crib so I could go make their bottles. When Brian walked into the room Lilly was standing back up! She pulled up from sitting to standing all by herself! So we look over at Nate, who is up but only on his knees, and I said "Stand up!" and he did! Just like that. I guess he was just waiting for me to tell him to do it! I tried it with "Sleep 12 hours!", but that one didn't work. Here are some shots from that night. We could tell they were proud of themselves.

Oh yeah- and the next morning I had them both in Lilly's crib and Nate did the inevitable..

Oh well, the pictures were cute while they lasted! Almost a year, which was longer than I thought!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to lower the crib mattresses! Isn't it crazy how excited we get over little things now, like our babies standing up! They will be walking before you know it!

Lindsay said...

Yay Nate & Lilly!! And you were just talking about those pictures on the weekend! It's amazing how many things you have to find a new place for now that they can get around. The word "no" seems to be used too frequently around our house these days....

SouthernDogwoods said...

What big babies!!! Way to go!
I love that Nate is standing on his tippy toes! What precious sweethearts!

Naomi said...

"Sleep 12 hours" - LOVE IT!! They are precious. I love the picture of Lily just kind of hanging over the crib..just looks like she's hanging out :)