Friday, May 4, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY! A long post about today..

Trying something new tonight- uploading some pictures I took with my IPhone.  I love it, with this new one they just go straight to my computer so I don't have to download anything or email myself pictures anymore!  As usual, I have other posts to do (we took an AWESOME trip last Wednesday to a place called Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glenrose and I have some pictures from that too!)

So the kids were all excited about TWO birthday parties we were invited to today.. one in the morning at a bounce house and one in the evening at a park.  I have to admit I was excited too.  Now that the kids are opening up more, it's just fun for me to see them playing and having fun (and not demanding something of/from me for an hour or so) :)  I digress..

We've been so lucky that the kids haven't really been sick at all in the past year or so.  So of course, Lilly wakes up around midnight last night burning up, with a fever of 102!  It went down quickly with Tylenol, and I wasn't too worried because she seemed in an even better mood than usual, talking and laughing.  In the morning she still had a tiny fever so we had to skip the morning party.  Let me tell you, it's NOT fun telling two kids that are super excited about a birthday party that they can not go.  I told them we couldn't go because we didn't want Lilly to make her friends sick..and she was so sad, crying, and said "Mommy, I promise I won't make my friends sick.." :(  So I did what any good mother would do.. I went to the Dollar Store and bought tons of new and exciting crud they could play with to try and distract them.. I grabbed lots of stickers, play-dough (Dollar Tree version is better than the real stuff BTW), construction paper, letter and number flash cards, and some new coloring books.  I LOVE DOLLAR TREE for kid stuff.  THE BEST. 

Funnily, Lilly seemed to start feeling better once her mind was on playing with new stuff!  After we played with stickers for a bit, we broke out the play-dough and some letter and number cookie cutters (first time using these- I got them on Amazon- they are awesome!).  Total success, it kept them busy for a very long time and they had a blast!  To make a long story LONGER, we ended up going to the evening park party and the kids had a blast.  Lilly made a friend, an older little girl, and was running around all over the park with her, and Nate was playing with another little boy (also a twin) who lives in our neighborhood.  They were connected at the hip!  For the longest time they stuck together everywhere we went, so it's nice for me to see them kind of breaking away from each other to play with other friends. It was the perfect ending to our pretty-fun-partly-sick-kinda-weird-Friday! 

NOW FOR PICTURES (from the IPhone camera- really great for a phone camera, in my opinion!)

Sorry- these are a bit dark.. Making letters out of play-dough!!  She's feeling better already! 



 Burning off all the cake and cookies at the birthday party with friends!

No comments: