Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Excuse me, Boys!"

I forgot to add this tid bit to the post about the doctor's office visit. We had both babies in diapers and I was walking Lilly around outside of our little room to avoid further melt down, when a polite nurse looked at my pretty little GIRL and said "aren't you handsome?!" Poor thing. I guess I should paint a bow on her head or something!

Anyway, it reminded me of a funny story that makes me laugh every time I think/talk/write about it!! One summer when I was little, my older sister and I were at Vacation Bible School at our church . We both had really short boy hair cuts and we were dressed casually (in shorts), waiting by the door for my mother to pick us up. In walked an older gentleman and seeing that he almost hit us with the door he said "Excuse me boys!" I don't remember exactly what happened, but I remember crying when my mom came to pick us up and to this day my mother will not accept the fact that the man thought we were boys. She thinks he was kidding!

Yea, real funny, old man.. real funny. Emotional scars aside..

3 comments:

Hilary said...

LOL! I laugh so hard every time ya'll tell that story!! Poor things! But you're haircuts were "style". Lilly couldn't look more feminine if she tried - that woman was blind!

Anonymous said...

What I will never forget is the confused, yet shocked look on our faces. We both looked at each other like this "DID HE SAY.. DID YOU HEAR.. DO YOU THINK HE THOUGHT.." I don't think we cut our hair again. We didn't care what Mary Lou Retton did.. we were not going to be confused for boys again. I think thats when I started wearing red lipstick and fake fingernails too. URGH! hehe

SouthernDogwoods said...

Too funny! Maybe he had really bad eyesight?!?!