Tuesday, July 21, 2009

13 Month Stats

We finally got Nate and Lilly in for their "one year" check-up this morning. I guess my doctor is busy because I had to schedule this appointment almost two months ago! The appointment took FOREVER and we were in this tiny 2X2 room for over an hour holding wiggly babies who wanted to get down on the floor with God knows what else crawling around down there.. eeeww. Anyway, by the time the big bad vaccine lady came in, Brian and I were almost as fussy as Nate and Lilly! Poor things, these seemed like the worst shots yet. One shot on each arm and one on each leg! Ouch! They were soooo over it!

Ok, so here is what we got for stats:

Nate the Great:
Height- 29.5 inches
Weight- 22.4 pounds
Head Circumference- 18.25 inches
(overall- 50th percentile for boys)

Lilly Goose:
Height - 29.75 inches
Weight - 22.2 pounds
Head Circumference- 18.5 inches
(overall 75th percentile for girls)

Fortunately, Nate is catching up to Lilly (even passing her by two ounces on the scale) but he is still a little small compared to other boys his age! Oh well- 50% sounds just about right to me! Crawling has definitely slimmed them down a bit.. and me too! PHEW! It is a work out!

And how could I forget- he said Lilly had three teeth about to break through (one on bottom and two on top) and Nate had two more on top about to come in! So I guess Lilly won't be "gummy" forever after all.

These pictures are a couple weeks old, but I can't write a post without pictures!!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

AHHH! They are so sweet!! I will admit, when I first read your blog - I though - oh no. Cooper is half their age...and almost as big. Well...not quite. But still.

Anyway, I hate shots and I hate fussy parents at the doctor. That's why kids hate them - shots and everyone's cranky from waiting so long :)

Your babies are SOOOOOO cute...and I love Lilly's gummy smile :-)

Lindsay said...

I HATE waiting at the doctor's! I found the only way to avoid waiting an hour is to make the appt for 8am, which sucks too! :) Glad their shots are over with, and they both got great reports. Can wait to see pics of Lilly's new teeth!