Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting over baby bronchitis!

So far, 2009 has been full of boogery babies for us (and we haven't felt all that great lately either). When we were in Colorado, the babies came down with some yucky chest congestion/cough/cold (bronchitis), but luckily was nothing serious like RSV or pneumonia. Actually we are all getting better, but Lilly hung on to a nasty cough that liked to rear its ugly head in the wee early hours of the morning. I called the doctor just to see if it was normal for her to still be coughing so much and they wanted to see her, so yesterday we saw the physician's assistant, who gave us some decongestant and an antibiotic (apparently she saw the beginning of an ear infection- glad we caught it before it got too bad). She slept better last night with just a few mild coughing spells, so hopefully we are on the upswing and now that their immune systems are nice and developed we won't need to have any more nasty colds this winter (fingers crossed)!

Trying to steam the mucus out in the bathroom..

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad your little sweeties are getting better!! I can't believe how big they are now- I want to see them (& you) soon!