Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

What am I thankful for this year? That's easy..
Lilly Kate Mr. Nate

I am thankful for four little hands to hold and two little brains to mold.
I am thankful for twenty chubby toesies and two runny nosies.
I am thankful for two drooling mouths that whine, and four beautiful bright eyes that shine.
I am thankful for the sleepless nights we bear and for the spit-up in my hair.
I am thankful for four ears that listen intently and for first sounds spoken so gently.
I am thankful for the diapers that don't stink, and for blue.. and for pink!
I am thankful for a husband who helps and a dog that yelps. (ohh.. poor Mattie)
I am thankful for unconditional love and for blessings from above.
I am thankful for pregnancy weight that won't go away and for the hairs in my head turning a lovely shade of gray.
(ok- those last two things I am really not thankful for)!!!!!!!!!!

For all the glorious disasters we feared may never get to experience, I am grateful to God for blessing us with our two sweet babies. This will be our first Thanksgiving as a family and it is truly a time to enjoy the long awaited and truly appreciated contentment in my life and tell our friends and family how very much we do love them. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

SO SWEET! Having babies really does bring things into a whole new perspective and gives "thankful" a whole new meaning. I'm thankful to have you as a friend and to share in the lives of your 2 precious blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wammack Family said...

Soooooo happy for you guys, I can not even tell you!