Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baby shoes- yay or nay?

This morning as I was getting Nate and Lilly ready to go to the babysitter, I was wondering- am I a bad mom because I hardly ever put shoes on my five month old babies? I know they make teeny-tiny shoes that are very adorable, I even have some cute hand-me-down baby shoes from my sisters' kids, but they always fall off and I just don't see the point. ? It's not like they are just going to decide to hop out of their car seats and go for a jog! They can't even crawl yet! Maybe the shoes are supposed to help keep the socks on, because goodness knows those don't stay on either. I guess baby shoes are just cute accessories that help to "complete" an outfit, but I have enough trouble trying to complete my OWN outfit these days! Also, aren't babies more comfortable without shoes on? I know I would be!! Maybe I am just frustrated because Nate and Lilly have chubby feet and none of the shoes seem to fit them right (maybe that is why they always fall off)! haha. My poor barefooted kids..

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I laughed out loud when I read this because I've been having the same dilemma! Logan never wears shoes, and his socks are in his mouth as quickly as I put them on! I actually just bought some little shoes from Target (go figure!) that we're going to save for Christmas. I told myself that he'll be 7 months by then, so surely they're supposed to wear them by then, right???