As many of you know, big changes have been brewing in the Pierson household for several months. To pursue my passion for photography (and ultimately my desire to spend more time with my kiddos), I started a
photography business and have been building that business since the beginning of this year. In this short time, I was positive that I needed to quit my full time job as a paralegal to devote my time to growing as a photographer and learning more about the craft as well as the business aspect. My goal was to be a full time photographer and stay at home Mom by August 2011. In mid-July, I bit the bullet and gave my two-week notice to my company, whom I have been with for the last seven years. To my shock and amazement, they asked if I could work part time, and I accepted! I approach it all cautiously, but if it works out, I think it will be perfect for all of us. I get to spend more time with my babies, devote more time to my photography, and still get to go into the office two days a week, where I have grown very comfortable and made so many wonderful friends. I was nervous about cutting those strings completely, and am very glad that I don't have to quite yet! Brian is also getting to spend much more time with the kids this way, because with the shift he is working he can hang out with us all morning!
So I was a little bit nervous about my first week at home, but I have to say it went AWESOMELY. Honestly, the kids really are in better moods during the day (so my babysitter
isn't totally lying through her teeth.. hmmm) and we actually had fun. The kids played together a lot, and even though we may as well be snowed in with the hell-acious heat, we found plenty to do inside. The days passed surprisingly quickly and I only lost it once or twice! haha! I made a conscious decision to not be too scheduled this week, and just relax and see how it goes with all of the changes. Hopefully soon we can have a little more of a routine. I'd like them to still be learning SOMETHING so they're not way behind when they go to school! Actually, I've just always wanted to raid that cool teacher section of the dollar store, so I can go home and play school like when I was little, and this is the perfect
excuse opportunity to be able to do it!!!
Thank you, God, that we are able to make this work. I am unbelievably grateful and really do feel like I am living my DREAM!
PS- If you live in the DFW area, and need a portrait photographer- look me up at
www.lindsaypiersonphotography.com or call me at 682-888-3644!!
No comments:
Post a Comment