Since Nate was so scared of the big swimming pool last summer, we decided to start of slowly this summer and warm him up to being in the water. First we tried the teeny tiny baby pool. Then we tried to bigger pool (with enough room for Mommy and Daddy too.. barely!). The next weekend we went to our little community pool just down the street. Nate was very timid and cautious, but walked up to the pool without freaking out (ok, we are already doing better than last year)! For a long time he only wanted to sit on the edge, so I sat on the edge with him and we watched the other kids play. I think he may have put his little feet in and splashed that first time. We've gone just about every weekend since then (that was about a month ago), and I'm happy to report he is getting much more comfortable with the kiddy pool!! Today he got in and even sat down and was walking and swimming around in it! YAY! I should mention, Lilly was ready to jump in the adult pool all by herself the first day we went! She goes back and forth, but mostly stays in the big pool with Brian. I am perfectly content sitting with my baby boy until he is ready to play. It makes it all that much more exciting for me when he FINALLY gets in! You can tell how proud of himself he is, once he gets in. He'll look over at Brian and Lilly in the big pool and say "Look at me, I swimming!!" I foresee lots of fun summer days at the pool in our future!
These are just from the blow up pool in the back yard. I took some at the big pool on my phone and will post those ASAP!
No comments:
Post a Comment