Saturday, September 26, 2009

15 Months!?!

Okay.. like I say every month.. I can't believe it! Nate and Lilly were 15 months old on September 22.

They have been extremely high maintenance this month. I have no idea if it is because we are living in a new place, because they are feeding off of our stress and tension, because they have the never-ending teeth breaking through, or because they are just trying to give us gray hair! I DON'T KNOW!

They are doing so many new things- I hope I can remember it all!

As you may have seen in previous posts, Lilly loves to mimic talking on the phone with cell phones, remotes, anything really. Now she says "hello?" and pretends to be jabbering. It is so funny! Lilly says "Thank you" (or at least that's what I think she is trying to say). They are both really into hading everything to us.. cheerios, toys, sippy cups, anything. When Nate sees a dog in any book he makes a growling noise and when we oink like a pig he does it too!! Nate, who used to just roll over and cry every time Lilly was headed in his direction to grab something from him, has begun to have anger issues which cause him to lash out and slap Lilly when she tries to come near anything he is holding or playing with. He is so sensitive. Actually Lilly has been pretty sensitive lately too!

Nate and Lilly both loooove bath time. The times they seem the happiest are when they are in their high chairs eating and when they are in the bath tub. We have them both in the tub at the same time and they love playing with toys and trying to eat the soap bubbles. They don't even freak out when I wash their hair and dump water all over their heads, so that is a MAJOR bonus! They are so sweet together in the bath tub and seem to be much more aware of each other, reaching out, staring at each other, and giggling a lot.

After bath time they are little wigglers and their naked hineys are too slippery and get away from me a lot these days before I can get them dressed! Lilly HATES to lay down and have her diaper changed, or her clothes changed. You should hear this girl scream! And ooooh, can she arch that back!! Nate is usually a good boy, keeping his legs up in the air while you change his diaper (that cracks me up) but he gets an attitude and tries to squirm away from time to time.

We are trying to venture out a little more with food. Although they don't have that many teeth yet, they are able to eat a lot of different stuff. Unfortunately (but so predictably) they aren't too crazy about vegetables but I am still trying. It's amazing how they can pick them out! They love any and all bread. Favorites right now are bread, cheerios, mac and cheese, any kind of chicken, spaghetti, peaches, pears, raisins, carrots, graham crackers, and sandwiches. Like I said before, babies eating=HAPPY babies in our house!

Speaking of teeth.. Nate still only has two on the bottom and two on the top, and Lilly has one completely in on the bottom with another half way there, and two that just broke through the gums on top. This poor girl.. each tooth has taken months to break all the way through and I know she has to be in pain!

Favorite toys right now (besides plastic spoons, forks and measuring cups) are the ball-popper, the leap frog musical table, the mickey mouse airplane and baby Einstein rocket rider, and of course they love playing with balls and reading their books.

We are now officially wearing big boy and big girl shoes! Ok, ok.. judge me all you want. But I pick my battles and shoes was not a battle I had the time or energy for. I just didn't see the necessity if they weren't walking yet and it was so HOT outside! For a while now I have known I should at least get them used to having something on their feet, I have just been lazy about it. So I finally bit the bullet and got them some New Balance tennis shoes that were about two sizes too big (oops). So I went to Wal-Mart and got them some cheapies that will do until they grow into the others.. just to get them used to having something on their feet.

Last but certainly not least, Lilly has taken steps all the way across the room all by herself! She still falls down and crawls when she really wants to get somewhere fast, but she is beginning to prefer standing up and being on her feet over crawling. A few times I have noticed that Nate watches Lilly and he will stand up after she does and raise his hands up high above his head, like "HAAAY I can do it tooooo!" But he is having a harder time realizing his feet aren't glued to the ground. Just within the last day or two he has gotten braver and taken a few steps on his own, but his feet aren't moving as easily as Lilly's yet.


A screaming boy early in the morning..in his BIG BOY SHOES!
My pretty girl in her BIG GIRL SHOES!

They love to dive into the pillows when we put them on the floor.. so fun!
Nate loves to read..
Lilly loves to boogy to the music on her Mickey Mouse airplane..
September 22, 2009.. Hilarious attempts at our official "15 month" pictures.. some attempts were before jammies, and some after.. (yes- it is still warm enough here to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts!).
Look carefully for the new bottom tooth!
Sweet babies in their jammies!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Ok, first of all - those shoes are precious. I don't know what it is about baby shoes, but they are the cutest things...maybe because of their tiny sizes. I love how you describe their personalities! You've got your hands full...but they are SOOOOOOO cute!