Thursday, March 19, 2009

Help-calling all moms of twins!

I'm not sure if there are many of you who read this blog, but I think there are a few so I am putting this question out there to see if anyone can help. Nate and Lilly are almost nine months old. They are now too big to be carried in infant carrier, but they obviously haven't learned to walk yet. So if I need to take them somewhere by myself- what is the best way to go about doing that? Of course I take them to the sitter's house every day (one at a time), but my main problem is that I have to hold/carry them one at a time until we get to the final destination. As I am writing this, I am thinking the only way to do it is probably using my MASSIVELY HUGE double stroller. Are there ANY other ideas/solutions? This morning Lilly was not feeling good and I got to thinking.. if they are both sick, how will I get them from the car to the doctor's office by myself? I am thinking the only solutions are making someone take off work to help me, or taking them in the double stroller (which would take up 75% of the waiting room and 100% of the tiny exam room). I am hoping some of you creative twin moms have an ingenious solution, because I sure as heck am not coming up with one. Until then, we will be housebound. Just kidding.. kind of!

4 comments:

RobynK said...

I take the twins into the pedi and stores in the double stroller - they are way too heavy to carry in their carseats and too restless to just carry without seats. Right now we use the DSNG but they won't fit much longer.
For the store I do quick shopping where I can just place everything under the DSNG seats. For the pedi they actually have a huge room they always put me in since I have twins. You could ask your pedi if they have one?
Do you ever shop at Costco? Their shopping carts having seating for two which helps once the babies can sit.

SouthernDogwoods said...

When my girls were younger and we had to go to the doctor's office - I would take our huge double stroller and yes, it did take up 90% of the examining room but it definitely was a must. Same when I went shopping to a mall. I loved the huge under storage bin - it held a lot!!!

But grocery shopping was different - I let one sit in her carrier in the buggy & would put the other in a carrier.

Being a mom of twins is difficult because of the "How do you do this" factor among other factors. I had a lot of help - my mom went everywhere with me and helped me tremendously! But even if she was with me - we took the stroller for convience. Hope this helps!

Deanna said...

Sorry to say but my only option was my double....and I had to use it becauese I had an 18month old tagging along as well.... I would park the double in the hall-way at the clinic and just carry them both in usually one of the nurses would help. I know the double is a pain but it really is the only option when you are doing it solo!! Hang in there it does get easier!!!

~Deanna

Heather said...

Oh, I am glad you asked this. I was wondering the same thing, thinking the double stroller is pretty much my only option. My great friend IRL strapped her FP Healthy Care Booster seat to a shopping cart and put one twin in that. She put the other one in the cart/seat part at the grocery store. Her twins are older, like 15 months. Anyway, best of luck and share your experience so I can follow!