Monday, June 8, 2015

A very wet, very short, but another UNDEFEATED season for FIRE!

As of yesterday, we have completed our second undefeated season with the FIRE!  This season was full of disappointing cancellations due to ALL the RAIN we got (pretty much rained the entire month of May)!  I think they only had five games the whole spring season.  Games were rescheduled, and re-rescheduled, only to be cancelled for good, because the soccer association just realized they were running out of time for the season.  Most practices were also canceled for the same reason, and Nate was pretty bummed out every time I had to give him the news.  So, at least I know he really does enjoy playing!  He's come such a long way in the last couple of years, I'm so proud of him.  It's not in his nature to be super aggressive, so he is hard on himself when he can't be the one always stealing the ball or scoring all the goals.  But he's improving so much, and I know he can do anything he puts his mind to because he has that kind of determination.  It's just a matter of time and practice!! 
 
Here they are with Coach Ben at the end of their last game. 
 

Time for medals!
 
This isn't the whole team, just the ones that were left at this point after the game!

 
Not sure why these pictures are out of order, but here are more from the end of the game with coach.



 
Go FIRE!


Lilly walking with Ben to go over and watch Nate get his trophy..


No comments: