Well, I knew I'd have to wait until I was a little less emotional about this transition, to blog about it.. I can't believe it's been a month! I was dreading the transition and fearing the unknown so much, and the kids really could not be doing better. They were a little nervous the first day, but we had met some kids on "meet the teacher" night, so we knew some familiar faces and I think that helped. They have already grown up so much, just in this first month. They are still 6 and thrown tantrums and can be very whiny when they don't get their way, but overall I can really see some changes, especially in Lilly. She is so sensitive and shy I was very worried about how she would do, but school has been great for her. She's really learning how to play in bigger groups. We've already had our first parent/teacher conference and both teachers reported they are doing great and are very well behaved (I believe it- because when they get home, they unleash IT ALL and GO CRAZY!!!). Interestingly, Lilly is really advanced in her reading and writing, but is having a harder time with the reading comprehension. Nate is doing good with writing too (for a BOY :)), but he is having a little harder time with reading, but doing awesome with the comprehension! So they are kind of opposite! Nate's teacher said he always helps her keep the class in line (eye roll), which doesn't surprise me! Mr. Tattle Tale! She said he always sits perfectly still and minds all the rules. No surprise there, I just wish he would do that for me! He's really had some selective listening lately, but I know it's because he tries so hard at school and then needs to let loose a bit when he gets home. He has already been asked to be a "Bronco Buddy" which is someone who helps new students and shows people around and stuff. HA, such a social bug. Lilly has really been enjoying making new friends, too. It took her a few days to understand that just because someone wants to include more friends, doesn't mean they don't want to play with you (she's more of a one-on-one player, I think). But for now when I come pick them up, they're all smiles with tales about everything they learned and how much fun they had on the playground, which makes my heart very happy.
FIRST DAY PHOTOS BY THE DOOR!
Phone pics! Walking to school..
Nate with his teacher!
Come on, Mom! You're embarrassing me!
Lilly sitting at her table in her class, ready to get to work!
I go have lunch with them about once a week. I'm taking advantage of it while they still want me around! I love that they still get excited to see me :)
Picture day!
LUNCH!
Ben's doing so great- he has loved the alone time from day one! He just roams the house like he owns it, and loves being able to play with nobody in his face! It is taking me some time, and I'll admit I cried a lot the first week, but I'm getting used to it. I have my editing to do, and of course love getting one-on-one time with Ben, which I've never really had before! It's nice, but sometimes a little TOO quiet, and I miss my big kids. Always wonder what they are doing and if people are being nice to them.. and of course, if they are being nice to others. I'm so proud of them and the little people they are becoming. I had nothing to be worried about!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment