Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 4th FUN!

We had a great July 4th this year!  On July 3rd, the kids, Brian, my mom and I went to watch fireworks out at Big League Dreams stadium down the street from our house.  We sat next to some friends, so the kids had their friends to play with too!  We were way too close to the fireworks for Ben's comfort, and he was traumatized pretty good.  I was holding him but he screamed pretty much through the whole thing.  I don't blame him, it was really dang loud!!  Overall he did good for his first fireworks.  Then on July 4th, my sister and her kids came up from Waco and the kids had fun swimming and playing back at the house.  We grilled burgers and hot dogs and then managed to find a spot a few blocks away where we could sit and (kind of) see the fireworks over the lake.  Either way, we had fun!  

 Pictures from July 3rd.. 
Ice slide!  There was a small one, which Nate and Lilly both went down, and then there was a really tall one that Nate slid down too!  He was very brave!

We got crafty and made some flag shirts with hand prints, but Miss Lilly had to wear her dress that MeMaw and Papa got her for her birthday!




Ben was bear crawling to avoid the AstroTurf!
I don't think he really cared for his first taste of cherry snow cone Daddy gave him!
Sitting with their sweet friends enjoying snow cones!
Love Grandma!!!
ok, I had to post this funny, because this is what I wanted to make...
and this is what I ended up with!!  Whatever, close enough.  And it still got eaten, for the most part!  HA
Sweet cousin Avery taught Lilly how to make these loom bracelets, she can NOT get enough of them now!

Our attempt to see the lake fireworks from the street with the other chumps!  They were SO TIRED from swimming all day!

No comments: