The last few weeks have flown by! My mom came and stayed with us for a week, then Brian's parents came to visit from Colorado, and a few days later my sisters were here visiting! I'm so overwhelmed by all of the pictures I need to download, I'm not going to be able to do that right now!! My next post will have phone pictures and real pictures from all of our visits. What I did want to do right now is talk about the kids and what Benny's been doing!
Mostly he is doing what you would expect of a newborn. A LOT of eating and pooping and a LITTLE sleeping! Usually, he sleeps from about 10PM-1AM, then eats and goes back to sleep from about 2 to 5AM, or something like that. Of course there have been some nights where we're up every hour or two all night, but hopefully those will end soon! The most difficult thing for me thus far has been how hungry he is all the time, and since I am nursing I just feel like I am sitting here feeding him all day and night. I'm going back and forth with thinking about giving him formula, but trying to make it at least to three months before I do that. I know it sure would make my life a lot easier to be able to have some help when Ben is hungry!!
Right now as I type this, he has been fed and changed and is still fussing in his swing.. :-/ As much as I love this teeny tiny stage, I hate the inexplicable crying. I just wish he could tell us what's wrong!!
Last week at about 7 weeks old, he started smiling and responding, and I'M IN LOVE! Nate and Lilly are too, they just run up to save him every time they hear him let out the slightest whimper. They love to kiss all over his face and toes and hold his hands. They talk to him and sing to him, it's very sweet.
Here are a few of our FIRST smiley pictures I caught with my phone..
No comments:
Post a Comment