Holy Moly, what a day! After three very fun, but very LOOONG months of hanging with my kiddos, they started their Pre-K program (two days a week) today!! We have been prepping them for a couple weeks, but I got a little nervous last week after our "meet the teacher" night, because although Nate was excited, Lilly seemed very hesitant and ready to go home. She has definitely been a little more clingy to me this summer and that night she did NOT want me to leave her side! But of course as soon as I think I know what to expect.. Lilly walks in to the class this morning and sits right down at her table, and Nate is the one who starts to hesitate, not wanting to sit down, asking Brian and I not to leave (in the sweetest saddest quietest voice you ever heard). It broke my heart, and Brian doesn't read this blog so it's safe for me to tell all of you.. that I'm not the only one who got a little choked up this morning. BUT we managed to get Nate distracted in just a few minutes and we were on our way!
Of course when I came to get them this afternoon, they didn't want to leave! They really like their new teacher and so do I!
Some pics I tried to take in the middle of all the craziness before class started!
big girl ready to get started at school!
so sweet and sad because he didn't get to sit by Lilly :(
As if we weren't feeling "big" enough, we tried out our new big kids booster seat car seats today! The jury is still out on whether this is going to make my life easier or harder- I think it may be a little of both!
You know, I've watched all my friends kids start school the last couple of weeks, and I can't help but be thankful that my kids will always have each other to walk with, out into that unknown scary world of life's new experiences, adventures and challenges. I tell myself I'm glad because it's easier for them, but we all know who it's really easier for! I feel so much better seeing them together, knowing they have that security. For now, it's my security too!

No comments:
Post a Comment