Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Preschool!

Our big kids made their way to their first day of preschool today (sniff, sniff)..  After some really tough decisions, we finally chose to do a Mother's Day Out program two days a week.  Even though I worked full time from the time they were a few months old, they were in an in-home daycare, so this is the first real, school-like environment for them.  I was too excited about it to be very stressed or emotional.  They look like such big kids with their back packs on carrying their lunch sacks, and I was so proud of them and so happy because I know this school will be so great for them.

Everything went pretty well.  Lilly was super clingy and started crying when I was kissing her goodbye, but the teacher picked her up and I think she got over it pretty quickly.  Nate didn't cry, but in typical Nate fashion, just sat there kind of stunned, just staring with a straight face.  All in all, it was fairly free of major drama!

When I came to get them, they ran to me so excited.  That was my favorite part for sure!  The teacher said they did great and they seemed happy, so I declare the first day of preschool to be.. SUCCESS!! 







No comments: