Sunday, July 11, 2010

So much stuff..

I haven't written in forever and there has just been too much going on, so this post will be very chaotic and unorganized just so I can get everything out!

On a very sad note, my Grandfather passed away Tuesday, June 29. He was 92 and lived a wonderfully blessed long life. We are happy to know he is at peace with Jesus and is no longer in any pain, but we miss him so much. He was such an honorable, gentle man. A loving husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. I feel so blessed to have had in my life. I love and miss him, my sweet Gramps..
When my Grandfather passed away I had to go out of town for two days without the kids (they stayed at home with Dad)! I felt like limbs were missing, but I got through it and everyone did just fine. Thanks for watching the kids, Brian! I knew you would be fine :)

The day after we got back in town was July 4th. My mom came over and we grilled hamburgers. Since the last two years we were lame and watched the fireworks on TV, we were determined to see the real thing this year. And we did.. right from our front yard! Since there aren't too many houses in our neighborhood yet, we were able to see the fireworks show that was put on over the lake not too far from us. It would have been more fun had we been right underneath them, but the kids would have freaked out so this was perfect for their first fireworks experience!
Lilly seemed interested once Grandma showed her where to watch to see the fireworks..
Are you surprised that Nate was scared?
July 5th, Brian and I were both off work so we drove down to my sister's. We took them out to a splash park and all the cousins had a great time playing except.. you guessed it! The Fun-Ruiner! Lilly had a BLAST in the water but Nate stood on the outside and watched as usual, fussing every time we tried to get him in the water.

My sweet boy watching from the side lines..
I started an email about two weeks ago that was supposed to be a letter to Nate and Lilly on their second birthday (like the one I did on their first). It was going to be about all they have accomplished in the last year and all of the new things they are learning, but I kept getting so emotional it is taking me FOREVER to finish, so all of that will be coming in another post!

No comments: