Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Big Kid Updates!

This one is just about what has been going on lately and new things the babies are learning (good and bad)..

THE MANIPULATOR:
So everyone knows by now that Lilly is the bully baby. She sees something she wants and she doesn't stop until she gets it. Poor Nate is usually her victim. At some point she must have realized that regular old bullying wasn't working as well for her (Nate can fight back sometimes), because last week we started noticing that when Nate has something that she wants, she quickly grabs another toy and brings it over to him as if she wants to show him this wonderful amazing toy that she has. She waves it around in his face for a while and as soon Nate is focused on Lilly's toy, Lilly takes his toy that he had before and runs! Half the time Nate gets really ticked off and half the time he doesn't even notice! We just thought it was so funny that she was already so manipulative!!

NO!
Nate loves to say "no!" but he doesn't say it with attitude yet, and he pretty much says it any time he hears us ask anything that sounds like a questions to him. ("Are you ready to go bye bye? Do you want some more milk?") The way he says it is hilarious, it almost sounds like he is saying "now", but all long and drawn out (I guess you just have to be there)!

HUGS AND KISSES
I won't pretend like all my kids do is run around kissing and hugging everyone and each other, but I can tell you I have noticed them being much more affectionate. I don't know where they pick things up, but the other day I asked Nate for a hug and he came up to me and put his arms around my neck and squeezed. Lilly does the same thing, and they both pat you on the shoulder or the back when you pick them up. My favorite is when they lean in to give me a big fat kiss!! I will enjoy it while it lasts!!

SLEEP
I don't usually say much about sleeping patterns anymore, but since this blog is pretty much the only way I will remember anything, I just wanted to report that they are great sleepers, thank GOD! We put them to be around 8. Nate is the early riser, usually around 6:30 or 7, but sometimes Lilly can sleep until 8 or 8:30 (I love that girl!). They still take one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon, but neither are usually very long so I would love to get to where they are just taking one long one int he afternoon soon!

BIG KIDS
Our babysitter, Donna only keeps babies from infant to 2 years old, so recently a lot of the older kids moved on and she has gotten a few brand new babies. I am used to having all these kids meet me at the door when I walk in to get them, but all of a sudden, MY kids are the BIG kids! When did this happen? My babies look like adults next to these little things in carriers! I just can not believe how the time has flown by!!!

MORE WORDS
At this point, they are saying a lot (copying us) but I don't think we are at a point where anyone else would really understand. Lilly tries to say I love you and yes ma'am! (it sounds more like "mi me"). She also says mamma and dada and mimics a lot of noises that she hears. Nate says momma, mommy, dada, tries to say grandma. They both say hi and bye bye, but Nate is much more vocal right now. Every time you get anywhere near the dvd player he starts yelling "A-mo-mo" (ELMO). Lilly is starting to say that one too. They are some serious Elmo fans these days!

Pictures that have nothing to do with the post, but they are cute!!

What's cuter than one pony tail?? TWO pony tails!
Little Miss Attitude!
In his chair, presumably watching Elmo..
Watching the last Vikings game with Daddy.. (sniff, sniff.. no comment)..

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Our babies are growing up too fast! It really hits home when you see all of the tiny babies at daycare, that's for sure!

Love the 2 piggies, and Nate looks like such a big boy in his high chair. Pretty soon, we'll be done with those too, and on to sitting at the big table!