Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Eaten Up and Beaten Up!

Poor Lilly.. She attracts those darn mosquitoes like white on rice..just like her daddy. As you can see from this close up, she has one on her cheek and one on her chest. There was also another on her cheek that you can't see in the picture. She has countless on her arms, legs, and even stomach and underneath her diaper! (No, she does not sleep outside at night!)
Tow days ago I had just picked them up from the babysitter and we were on our way home. I looked back in my rear view mirror and noticed something black right on top of Lilly's nose.

Yep.. you guessed it.

It didn't phase her.. she was sucking on her fingers and didn't even seem to notice the huge black mosquito taking bites out of her sweet little nose. As soon as I could, I stopped and swatted the bug away.

Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough. It had already bitten her several times. This is what she looked like when we got home..
If you can see it, the entire lighter portion was all puffy and it just looked awful! It was HUGE! Poor thing.
She had to call all her friends and tell them.. as you can see she is very upset!

So then I put some ointment on it.. She loved that.
It was actually looking better yesterday, until Lilly was walking over to me with her sippy cup in hand and fell face forward. Somehow she ended up with a big red knot right beside her mosquito bite. All that on top of the scab on her finger from sucking on it too much, I am really feeling like Mom of the Year!
Here is the best picture I could get of Rudolph this morning..

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, sweet girl, just too sweet for the mosquitoes to resist! Isn't it funny how nothing seems to phase them at this age! Logan busted his lip yesterday when he tripped, so both you and I will be up for "Mom of the Year!" :) Won't we all look cute in pictures on Saturday! Ha, can't wait!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Poor little Lilly! She looks adorable with her little puffed up nose though!

Naomi said...

At least it bothered you more than it bothered her! Still so cute :)