Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Professional" Photos

I wanted to get really cool, candid shots for the babies' one year photos but I decided instead to go back to Portrait Innovations. They are a good price and I like the instant gratification of walking out with your pictures in hand. Ialso love that if you spend a little more money they give you a CD with every single shot taken on it. I requested the same guy who helped us last time, who I have to assume is the manager because he is the only one over the age of 19 and the only one who has any idea what he is doing. He is great with the babies and the photos shoot went really well with minimal melt downs. I was happy until he passed us on to a 14 year old to help us pick which photos we wanted and re-size/center/adjust the pictures for printing. The babies were getting cranky and we were in a hurry (which I'm pretty sure is what they count on at these places), so I made stupid decisions and got too many pictures that will probably never see the light of day. The more I look at them the more I find wrong, but all in all we did get a few decent photos and there are more on the CD that are just too cute not to share!

Look at Nate's toes.. this is how they were the whole time they were in this pose!!

This would have been cute if they would have sat still! Yea right!

Yikes.
I know.. black background.. don't know what we were thinking..
Sweet two-teeth smile!Getting sick of it..Hamming it up..I liked these infamous "block" pictures..

My big one year old babies!

I think I can get some good shots with my new spiffy camera, so my next project will be getting the babies in their coordinated July 4th outfits out to a park for some flag waving patriotic photos!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute! I like the block pictures. We had Camden's done for his 1st bday as well. It's hard when they like to move so much!!!!!

Lindsay said...

I think they turned out perfect! I love the outfits you guys chose, such bright, pretty colors! The twins looks like such a big boy/girl in the wicker chair pictures. Just goes to show, you don't have to spend a lot to get memorable photos!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Wonderful pictures! I love their birthday outfits by the way - too cute!

Naomi said...

I love these pictures!! They are SOOOOO cute!!!

Adriane said...

Love the pics!!!! We go to Portrait Innovations, too! I kept saying the same thing about professional pictures at 1 year, but now I'm thinking I'll do it when they're walking.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! They are soooo cute!